Electrical Safety Check (every 2 years)
Residential Tenancies Regulations 2021 requires electrical safety checks to be performed on every rental property every 2 years.
This check is to be performed by a licensed electrician and the safety check has to be recorded and forwarded to property managers. This gives property managers, property owners and renters peace of mind to know the property is safe and compliant.
Electrical safety check includes:
- Switchboard and distribution board testing
Rigorous “Australian Standard” switchboard testing and inspection ensuring all cables, safety switches and circuit protection devices operate correctly, safeguarding all tenants and easing the minds of landlords.
- Appliance testing certification
With our state of the art Portable Appliance Testers all landlord supplied appliances will be tested and tagged for electrical safety compliance.
- Power outlet test
Polarity and earthing compliance to ensure circuit protection under faulty conditions and the safe operation of all plugged in appliances.
- Visual inspection
A visual inspection of all accessible power outlets and switches with a like for like replacement on all sub-standard entry level switches and outlets.
- Safety check report sent to property managers and also to owners if requested.
- A non prescribed Certificate of Electrical Safety will be issued on completion as per Energy Safe Victoria requirements.
- 12 month warranty on all our work performed during the service and extended to 24 months if subscription is taken to our Total Care Package.
- No call out fees during normal business hours during the warranty period.